12 March 2011

STREET ART IN LONDON


I love London and my favourite place is the South Bank. I'm only 20 minutes away by train and there's always something going on. I love strolling or cycling along the river and I love the fact that when the tide recedes, there is a little beach that no-one ever seems to notice. Not yesterday though! As I strolled along and came Gabriel's wharf I noticed a crowd peering below and the 'beach' looking very nice and sandy (could have closed my eyes and imagined myself in the Mediterranean. Closer inspection revealed 2 street artists at work on the 'beach' - one was creating wonderful shakesperean busts out of the sand, the other had created a couple of nice sofas for him and his 'companions' to sit on so he could serenade the crowd with his guitar. Just fabulous. They were advertising http://www.dirtybeach.tv/  who are enthusiasts who clean the beaches of the world and make beautiful, environmental friendly art out of sand. There we are! A fine start to the weekend.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment