26 February 2011

PART 2 - OBSERVATION IN NATURE - Back to the drawing board!

Got the feedback back on my first assignment. A very honest appraisal which made me realise I have to up my game.

So today, a new approach to the course. Having read the feedack, I realise that the most important thing is to learn from it. So I have decided that I will repeat the Part 1 exercises, taking onboard my tutor's feedback but also as a practice to improve the basic techniques that are taught in P1. Today's repeat exercise was the Basic Shapes and Fundamental Form exercise (Boxes and Books). This time I properly READ what the exercise was about. Suprisingly I found re-doing the exercise was strangely enjoyable and by the time I had finished, I felt like I had done a warm up exercise in preparation for the first P2 exercise - Line drawing Detail. For the P2 exercise, I chose to draw a sliced through red cabbage. It has taken me about 3 hours to produce this drawing. In fact this is my second attempt - I was not happy with the first one, so I re-did it again, this time properly looking at my cabbage. I feel I have done a better piece of work. I hope so!


Assignment 1  Boxes and Books repeat exercise



Assignment 2  Line Drawing detail exercise - sliced red cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment