20 January 2011

P1 Project: Using Textures - Check and Log


Have you discovered any new ways of using your drawing tools to depit surface and texture

Using lines and marks, crossing and cross-hatching builds texture. Also using the side of the pencil lead as well as the tip created different effects. Also using colour and rubbing the paper over a textured surfact created interesting results. I used a corrugated paper surface (give to me to protect a hot cup of coffe from a take-out cafe) and then realised that at home I had interesting baskets, conservatory furniture which could laster be used as a basis for interesting textures.

I guess also different types of paper might produce intersting textures and perhaps markig the surface of the paper might do as well - eg scratching it, etc. Or some papers may be rougher / smoother than others.

so my conclusion is yes, I have discovered new ways of using my drawing tools.

How successful were you at implying form with little or no tonal hatching?

I have to say I was tired when I did the drawings for this project so was not at my best. The assignment has been taking up most of my thoughts and I've wanted to get through these last sets of exercises quickly to make sure I have plenty of time and a peaceful mind to do the assignment. So, the results of this exercise were not great and I learnt by that.

What are your impressions of frottage as a drawing technique?

Simply - I LOVED IT. I loved doing this and it will be a technique I use in my assignements.

No comments:

Post a Comment